Sofa pocket springs are a type of spring system used in upholstered furniture, such as sofas and chairs. They are made up of individual springs that are encased in fabric pockets, allowing them to move independently of one another. This helps to provide support and comfort, as the springs can move to contour to the shape of the person sitting on the furniture.
Pocket coil seating are seat cushions containing a matrix of individually wrapped coil springs, encased in a specially designed foam shell, covered by a layer of dacron.
Benefits of pocket coil seating over more traditional foam interiors
1. Longer Lifespan: Pocket coil seating has a longer lifespan than more traditional foam interiors due to its durable construction. The individual coils are designed to last for years, providing support and comfort for years to come.
2. Improved Comfort: Pocket coil seating provides superior comfort compared to foam interiors. The individual coils are designed to conform to the body, providing support and cushioning.
3. Reduced Motion Transfer: Pocket coil seating is designed to reduce motion transfer, meaning that when one person moves, the other person won’t feel it. This is great for couples who share a bed or sofa, as it ensures that both people can sleep comfortably without being disturbed by the other’s movements.
4. Increased Durability: Pocket coil seating is designed to be more durable than foam interiors. The individual coils are designed to stand up to wear and tear, providing a longer lifespan than foam interiors.
5. Reduced Sagging: Pocket coil seating is designed to reduce sagging over time. The individual coils are designed to provide support and cushioning, which helps to reduce sagging and maintain the shape of the seating.